Our mission is clearly stated on the home page and that is to donate a hand-painted portrait to the family of every hero who has sacrificed to protect, preserve or defend fellow citizens or the United States of America.
We recognize that there is no comparison to a person who has made the ultimate sacrifice by losing their life defending our country, and/or those of civil servants who protect us everyday. In addition to these Heroes, there are those who have performed heroic acts without regard for their own safety and completely outside the confines of everyday life.
We try our very best to be diligent regarding the very sensitive nature of this application process, especially to those family members learning to live without their loved one. Everyday there are new heroes and we recognize we may never be able to honor each and every one, and yet we will continue on, in our effort to recognize these amazing men and women who live and who have died among us.
This Application is designed to be as simple as possible, yet every section is required to be completed. Before beginning we want to advise you of a few important points:
- Please carefully review the Application before submitting it. We need all information requested and ask you to be as clear and precise as possible. If your application is accepted, you will then be given a link to upload the image of your hero, which will be used to paint the Portrait. Also, based on being selected, you will be given a link to be able to upload "Letters Home." These letters or portions thereof, will be posted on your Heroes page.
- Once approved for a free portrait, you will be notified by email, and the portrait will be started. Once complete, you will be notified before the portrait is shipped to you.
- By submitting this application you agree that we may post a photograph of the completed portrait with the heroes name, rank, and related information, noted below in the application. The sections noted with an * will be included on the site with the portrait. No specific addresses, phone numbers, or other similar information will be posted.
- We must follow the strict guidelines in determining who will be able to receive a free Oil Portrait. Limitations on sponsors and our ability to produce will limit the number we can accept. Be assured we will do everything possible to accept all applications that fall within the guidelines noted.
The Application guideline process is as follows:
- Anyone in the Armed Forces or any Civil Servant who has lost their life under heroic circumstances, in the line of duty, will automatically be accepted.
- Anyone in the Armed Forces or any Civil Servant who was decorated for valor or heroism in the line of duty will be accepted based on our ability to produce, funds available, and number of applications received.
- Anyone who has lost their life while saving another and is considered a Citizen Hero will receive strong consideration, again based on our ability to produce, funds available, and number of applications received.
- Anyone who has saved a life, performed an heroic act of kindness, or had a profound impact on others, will receive strong consideration, again based on our ability to produce, funds available, and number of applications received.
These are the 4 basic criteria that will be followed in reviewing all applications. We recognize that we may not be able to accept every application received, but will assure you that if they fall into the categories noted above, we will do everything we possible can to accept the application and provide the hand-painted oil portrait.